Henry, Tenn.–A vehicle was heavily damaged by fire in the parking lot of a Henry business Monday afternoon.
The Henry Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched on a report of a vehicle on fire at 12:18 p.m. at Universal Coatings on Raford Lake Rd in Henry. Engine 3 responded with five firefighters to find a older model Ford pickup smoldering in the middle of the parking lot.
Employees at Univeral Coatings said they smelled burning wire, and after further investigating, they realized the truck was on fire under the hood. One employee then busted out the passenger side window, and backed the truck away from the building. At this point they used four fire extinguishers to extinguish the fire prior to our teams arrival. The Henry fire officials said, “We would like to take a moment and remind everyone to have your fire extinguishers inspected annually.”